We aim to welcome all visitors to our school with warmth, care, consideration and respect. If you have a disability and need special assistance, then please call us and we will do everything we can to help. As an inclusive mainstream school, we do our best to meet the particular needs of children in our care and the adults who work for us. We are pleased to be able to provide an accessible site which is all on the ground floor.
Please take a look at our Accessibility Policy and Plan (2017-19) for more information about how we intend to further develop our school for disabled persons.
In brief, here are some of the ways we are able to increase accessibility for all site users:
- The school's learning, teaching and administration accommodation is all on the ground floor with level access/egress from all external points
- There are automatic doors to the main entrance and side entrance which can be operated by persons in a wheelchair
- There are three accessible WCs - one in the Year 2 classroom building, one near to the main entrance and another as part of the Hygiene Room
- There is a dedicated Hygiene Room which contains an electric hoist, accessible WC and space for physiotherapy
- An portable induction loop is available at the reception desk
- In the playground, there is an adapted picnic bench so that wheelchair users can access the table with other children
- There will be times when the vehicle access gate will be closed. If you need assistance to open the gate to enter the school site, please call the School Office on 01962 775241 in advance or when you are at the gate. We will come out to open the gate for you.
- There are two dedicated accessible parking spaces adjacent to the admin building and next to the pupil entrance and parent shelter. These spaces can be found on the far right hand side of the parking bays as you turn left into the school site.
- There is level access to the main entrance through the school site and from the accessible parking bays
- Parking Permits are considered for parents of children with medical conditions or physical disabilities (this also applies to parents with medical conditions or physical disabilities themselves)
- We are able to provide large print newsletters or print-outs of information held on this website, upon request
- There is a link to a map on our 'Contact Details' page