We aim to welcome all visitors to our small village school with warmth, care, consideration and respect. If you have a disability or need special assistance, please call us and we will do everything we can to help. As an inclusive mainstream school, we do what we can to meet the particular needs of children in our care as well as for the adults who work for us. Due to the age of the building, access is restricted in some areas. Please take a look at our Accessibility Policy and Plan (2017-19) to read about how we intend to improve our school for disabled persons.
In brief, here are some of the ways we are able to improve accessibility:
- The school's main teaching accommodation is on the ground floor with level access/egress from the main entrance and back door to Year R/1
- To enter the site, there are steps down into the playground with an access buzzer at the bottom of the steps. For persons requiring level access, please call ahead as we will be able to open the emergency access gates along the playground. The school office number is 01794 368219.
- A number of staff have been trained to understand the needs of and provide appropriate support to pupils with hearing impairment
- There is no parking allocated to the school although there are spaces running alongside the school fence which are on the public highway. Although there is no dedicated accessible parking space, if you call ahead we can reserve a space close to the level access point for you.
- There is a link to a map on our 'Contact Details' page.
Please note that, due to the age of the building, there are certain restrictions to full accessibility. The Staff Room, PPA Room and Leadership Office are on the first floor, accessed by stairs only. There are no accessible WCs on site for adults or children (the Village Hall, a short distance away, does have this facility, however). Some door frames are narrow and access to one room is from a tight turn in a limited space.
Do call us if you have any questions regarding any aspect of accessibility and we will do our best to help.